Habitat for Humanity doesn’t exist without volunteers, and we need your help to build Habitat houses! Because of the leadership and generosity of time, skills, and donations from our volunteers we are able to provide simple, decent, and affordable housing to God’s people in need in Jasper County. As you begin your volunteer adventure with Habitat for Humanity, be encouraged that as you give to others and serve with others to build a house, you are building hope in the lives of people.
- Build Sites – All skill levels are welcome, all we ask for is a willing heart. You can expect to do projects such as framing, siding, painting, and landscaping. (For Groups)
- ReStore – ReStore volunteers help with customer service, merchandising, and receiving donated items. Get involved as we take donated home and building items and sell them to the community at affordable prices, all of which helps us build more homes. Also, if you commit to 15 hours a month you can receive a 25% discount. Click here to learn more.
- Office – The Habitat office is the administrative hub of the organization. Volunteers may help with reception, filing, mailings, data entry, meeting preparation, recycling, and cleaning.
- Committee Members – Committees include the Family Selection and Support Committee, Church Relations Committee, Resource Development Committee, and Building Committee.
- Special Skills/Interests – If you have a special skill or interest such as construction project management, serving meals, photography, web/video development, fundraising, family support, or something else we would love for you to put your skills to use for Joplin Area Habitat.
Get Started Volunteering!
To begin volunteering with Habitat:
- Sign up using our Volunteer Form at the top of the page. Tell us what your interests are and we will find the best fit for you.
If you or your group is interested in an event or project please contact us here. If you are registering a group, we will need to know the dates you want to serve, the number of volunteers in your group, and the construction skill level of the volunteers.
- Our typical build site workday is from 8:30 am until 3:30 pm Tuesday-Friday.
- Our typical ReStore workday is from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm Tuesday- Saturday.
- Our typical office workday is from 8:00 am until 4:00 pm Monday-Friday.
- Work slots can be shortened according to volunteer or staff needs.
- Lunch is not provided. Be sure to bring bottled water and wear close-toed shoes. Tools will be provided. Anyone is welcome to bring their own tools but Joplin Habitat is not responsible for them.
As you begin volunteering with Habitat, we will do all we can to equip and encourage you to make your experience fulfilling and worthwhile. Our staff is here to serve you. We look forward to your participation with us. Please contact us here with any questions.
How to Volunteer as a Senior
AgingInPlace has put together this guide on how you, as a Senior, can get involved with volunteering in your community: