Critical Home Repair Program
The Joplin Area Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair Program helps low-income homeowners alleviate health and safety issues in and around their home. Homeowners pay for these repair services through an affordable repayment plan. Repayment funds are recycled and used to assist future low-income homeowners in need of home repairs.
- Accessibility Modifications
- Weatherization Improvements
- Applicant(s) must own a property within Jasper County
- The property must be owner-occupied and the primary residence
- Homeowner(s) must be current with the following: Mortgage loan payment (if homeowner is still making payments), Homeowners insurance policy, and Property taxes.
- The property must demonstrate a need for repair
- Household income must be below 80% of the area median income (AMI) for the Jasper County area as indicated by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD)
- Homeowner(s) must agree to pay for the repairs at a maximum of 8% of project costs through a 3 year payback model. 50% of costs will be forgiven if paid within 1 year
If you think you meet these guidelines, please fill out the application below: